This is more than a cause,
this is for
Patient, parent, child, friend, coworker, neighbour, caregiver, donor …
The care provided at St. Marys Memorial Hospital has touched the lives of our entire community. Certainly someone you know.
Maybe someone close.
Perhaps even you.
The right tools in the right hands
The staff at St. Marys Memorial Hospital are top rate, and so are the patient outcomes that keep us ranked in the top 10% for patient satisfaction* across the Province of Ontario. To keep that leadership edge, we need newer technologies and modernized work spaces.
The Hospital and Foundation have worked together to identify the top priorities that will keep our healthcare up to date:
- a complete retrofit of the x-ray suite with digital equipment for simpler, faster diagnostics and improved workflow
- plus a portable digital x-ray unit for Emergency and bedside use for immobile patients – which together puts our imaging department on the way to being the first hospital in the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance to go completely digital
- updates to the layout of the Emergency Room for improved consultation and increased patient privacy
- an open concept in-patient work station for better workflow and interaction among doctors, nurses and patients
- a revitalized Wellness Centre for more convenient patient access to primary care physicians and other support services such as family counseling, a dietician and pharmacist – an important factor in attracting and retaining healthcare professionals, now and in the future
The reality is that while the pace of developments in healthcare technology is impressive … so is the price tag.
We have an ambitious goal, but ever since our first fundraiser in the late 1940s we’ve known this about St. Marys:
We pull together, especially when it’s for Someone We Know.